This is an interesting question many bloggers ask, how to make money with a blog?. Most people started up a blog simply because they have a passion for it; some joined because others were doing it and making money, so they decided to join the league.
Well, the truth is, you can make a huge amount of cash monthly just by ruining a blog. This means you can quit your job and start blogging as a full-time job or maybe as a part-time job. The interesting thing is it allows you to enjoy your free time with your family, and friends; you can also take that long vacation you’ve always hoped for and still be running your blog anywhere in the world.
Here I will share with you simple strategies on how to make money blogging.
What Is a Blog?
Before we dive in on how to make money with blogging, it’s important we understand the basics and meaning of a blog.
A blog is like a digital journal where people express themselves or pass relevant information to suit their audience’s needs. This can be for fun sake or to make money.
How much money can bloggers earn?
Bloggers who blog full-time for businesses earn an average of $80,000 to $100,000 annually. However, there is a lot of work to be done to earn that much or even more. This post was created to guide you to our top secrets.
How to make money with a Blog
Primarily you make money on your blog simply by ruing Ads, but the truth is there are so many ways you can make money on your blog even while you are waiting for Google AdSense approval or other AdSense companies. You can use these simple tips to start generating income for your blog.
Disclosure: If you use our referral link to make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
1. Google Adsense
Google AdSense is a program run by Google; you can easily monetize your blog using the Google Adsense program just by placing the advert script on your blog or enabling the auto ad to allow Google to choose the best ad for your blog.
Getting approved by Google Adsense is not so easy but worth it; you will get approved for Google AdSense if you meet Google’s terms of service.
Google uses CPC to determine how much you are being paid. CPC stands for Cost Per Click; as the name implies, visitors have to click on the adverts o your blog for you to get paid.
Other Google AdSense Alternatives for Bloggers include:
- Media.net: Best for Established Bloggers
- PropellerAds: Best for Popunders
- InfoLinks: Best for In-Text Ads
- Amazon Native Shopping Ads: Best for Amazon Affiliate Marketing
- Adcash: Best for Pay-Per-Action Campaigns
- Bidvertiser: Best for Bidding Campaign
- Playwire: Best for High-Traffic Blogs and Enterprises
- Mediavine: Best for Lifestyle Bloggers
- AdThrive: Best for Large Blogs
- Sovrn //Commerce: Best for New Websites
2. Promote an affiliate product
Affiliate marketing is another interesting way to make money on your blog simply by marketing other people’s products using your affiliate link. If you have pretty decent traffic, I will suggest you begin an affiliate program. This will increase your chances of making more money monthly.
An average affiliate marketer makes around $10,000 monthly just for marketing a product. This means each time someone buys a product from your blog or website; you get a certain commission for that sale; this is best for WooCommerce blogs.
There are lists of affiliate programs you might be interested in:
High-paying Affiliate Programs for Beginners
- Fiverr: Fiverr is the world’s largest online marketplace for freelance services. You can hire freelancers or market your skills on Fiverr so people worldwide can hire you, and you get paid. Fiverr provides an affiliate program, making the platform a win-win for everyone. You can earn anything from $15 to $150.
- Canva: Canva is a graphic design platform to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents, and other visual content. Start an affiliate program using Canva and make money on your blog. Using your affiliate link, you can earn as much as $26 for each new subscriber that signs up for the Canva Pro plan ($12.99).
- Hostblast: Hostblast provides the cheapest and fastest host services for blogs and websites with free SSL with all packages. Starting an affiliate program with Hostblast will increase your blog revenue; you will get up to 15% on every paid shared hosting account and a 5% commission on every paid cloud hosting.
- Amazon Associates: You can shop anywhere worldwide using the Amazon website or mobile app, which will be delivered to your doorstep. Amazon Associates is one of the biggest affiliate marketing programs in the world and has helped so many bloggers make huge sums on their blogs. You can earn up to 10% in associate commissions from qualifying programs and purchases.
- Coursera: Coursera is an online e-learning platform that educates people in association with hundreds of top-ranking universities and companies worldwide. You can make extra cash for your blog through its affiliate program.
3. Publish eBooks
Do you know you can turn your blog posts into ebooks and sell them online to make extra cash? You can use Magalone Flipbook for WordPress plugin to convert your blog post to an ebook, and you can use a tool like Canva to design a cover template of your choice; it is as easy as that. You can sell your ebook between $10 to $50, depending on the length and demand. This is another great way of making money with your blog.
4. Sell Advertisement space
Another quick way to make money on your blog is by selling Ad space; I know this might seem confusing or impossible, but the truth is most companies may reach out to you in other to place their advert on your blog; all you need to do is to negotiate advert deal. But to achieve this, you need to have large traffic on your blog so this might attract potential buyers.
5. Sponsored Blog Content
Not all blogs have ads running on them, and I’m sure you’ve wondered how they make money. The secrete is most blogs get paid using sponsored content. I will explain. A sponsorship works just like other TV shows, magazine companies, etc, pay you to write or publish content about their brand on your blog. Exciting right?
However, you must have enough traffic on your blog, social media followers, and good Leeds to help advertise these brands.
6. Online Courses
You can sell (teaching) online courses. This is another great way to make money online. This method is different from selling ebooks; in this case, you can charge a certain amount for your expertise. People visiting your blog might want to consult you for personal training, lessons, and supporting materials like PDFs, Videos, Templates, Slides, etc.
7. Sell Products
Have you thought about starting an e-commerce website? You can make huge cash by selling physical products online and shipping them to your customers. WordPress makes it easy to create a shop or even add a shop to your existing blog using a wooCommerce plugin. This will help generate more revenue for your blog.
8. Build an email list
You need loyal readers who value your content to make money from your blog. The only way to do this is by building an email list. This will help you reach out to subscribers whenever you post new content or products you wish to sell. Email marketing is one of the best money-making machines for your blog; this will bring in new active subscribers and be a constant reminder to your old subscribers.
9. Speaking Gigs
Speaking at public events is another way to promote your brand and drive more traffic to your blog. This will establish you as an influencer in your space, meaning that many companies might call you to represent them or give a speech about their product, so doing you are not only making money offline but also online because you will be promoting your blog there. More people would want to know and meet you.
10. Freelance Writing
As a blogger, you’re already an expert in your niche. You can earn an income by offering your skills and expertise as a freelancer writing content for top companies. This will help promote your skill and also your blog.
You can as well signup for freelancing websites like Fiverr to market yourself and your blog. People will find you interesting and want to know about your blog and what you do.
11. Release a Software Tool
Releasing a software tool can be very important to your blog; these simple tactics can help you generate tons of traffic. Let’s give an example if you are writing on an education Niche and you built a tool that helps students calculate their total CGPA at the end of each academic year or a finance calculator that calculates total expenses the student made each semester. This will drive traffic to your website and be a problem solver for many.
How long does it take to make money blogging?
The truth is with the consistent posting of valuable content and driving good traffic; it will take an average of 1(one) year to start making a reasonable amount of money. In fact, according to the founder of Niche Pursuits, Spencer Haws says, “It took him 4 months before he made an income from his website.
Tips on How to Increase your blog traffic
Increasing your blog traffic is really important for your blog growth and will help you generate more income.
- Write more posts
- Promote with social media.
- Write better titles.
- Include photos in your blog posts.
- Incorporate keywords
- Incorporate links
- Add social sharing buttons
- Retweet past posts
Making money with your blog is really simple but requires lots of work and patience. You need to constantly update your blog content and keep sharing with your friends and on social media; this will help generate traffic to your blog. Above all, monetizing your blog using Google AdSense, affiliate links, etc, is important.
This is dependent on the type of blog. You can expect to spend anywhere between $30 and $60 getting your blog set up.
The answer is YES, you can start a blog with little or no technical experience. You only need good writing skills or passion for displaying what you love.
Blogging never gets old. A lot of new blogs keep coming out each day, and lots of talent is displayed, so, therefore, making money with a blog will never seize unless the internet itself goes down, which seems impossible.
For new blogs, you can generate as low as $100 to $1000 in your first year of blogging, but keep in mind you must constantly post quality content.
Bloggers generally make money by running advertisements and selling or promoting other people’s products for a certain commission in return.
Affiliate networks: Provide a pool of influencers, but have higher ongoing costs and offer less control over your marketing strategy. Affiliate programs: Give you complete control and have lower costs
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
- 17 Best Tips to saving money Faster: Top secrets
- 10 Best Solutions For Unemployment In 2023
- 15 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts
- What Companies are in The Consumer Services Field?
- How to create your own personal success this year 2023
- How To Become A Millionaire By Age 30
- What Are The Best careers in computer science In 2023?