Chime is a financial technology company that offers various services such as accounts, secured credit cards, and overdrafts. However, if you need to close your Chime account, it’s entirely up to you, and remembers, it doesn’t hurt your credit or your funds.
If there are funds in your account, you can move those funds to your already linked savings account via ACH transfers, or Chime will send the cash as a check to your mailing address. This shows you how safe it is to close your chime account any day you want.
Chime is an online-only financial technology company that partners with other banks to offer checking and savings accounts. It doesn’t function like a traditional or local bank, but its accounts are still FDIC-insured, so they are safe places to keep your money.
Now, let’s see how you can close your Chime account without worrying about losing your funds.
What are the reasons you may want to close your Chime account?
Chime is a fintech company with many features that attract users. However, there may be reasons why you want to close your Chime account.
- Maybe you want to switch to another bank
- Your identity is compromised
- poor services
- Too many high fees
Things to do before closing your chime account
- Unlink your existing accounts
- Email Chime at [email protected]
- Call Customer Service at 1 844 244 6363
- Make sure there is no balance left in your Chime bank account.
- Go to the payment history and make sure there are no pending payments. If there is any pending payment, cancel it.
- Make sure your Chime balance is not negative. You will be prompted to settle the fees if it is negative.
- Make sure there are no pending refunds.
How to close a chime account on IOS devices
This process is really easy; follow the steps listed here.
- First, open the app if you already have one.
- Tap the gear icon in the top left corner of your screen
- Click the EDIT button on your personal home screen
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see an option to close the account. Click on it
- In the field provided, please enter a message that you would like to close your account, also include the last four (4) digits of your SSN
- Click submit a request to complete
N.B., it usually takes around 24 hours for Chime to close your account fully. If your account is not closed after 24 hours, call Chime customer support for further assistance.
How to close a Chime account on Android devices
- Write an email addressed to [email protected].
- Use “Request to Delete My Chime Account” or “Account Deletion Request” as the subject of your email.
- Please include your Chime account number, account name, and account address in the body of the email. Keep your email short and to the point.
- Wait for a Chime service agent to contact you. You should receive an update on your request within five business days. Otherwise, call +1 (844) 244-6363.
How to transfer money from Chime to other banks?
- Open the Chime app or sign in to your online account
- Select “Move money”
- Choose “Transfer funds”
- Choose a linked account, or
- Link a new account
Why can’t I delete my Chime account?
If you’re having difficulty closing your Chime account, it’s worth contacting Chime support for more information. There may be pending charges, a negative balance, or card transactions that have not yet been completed. Your Chime account cannot be fully closed until they have been settled.
How to cancel your Chime debit card?
- Open Chime on your phone
- Go to Settings and then Security
- You will find a drop-down menu.
- Click on the Chime card transaction and change it from enabled to disabled
- Contact support to cancel your Chime, Debit Card.
How to cancel a payment in Chime?
- Sign in to Chime.
- Go to your activity and select which pending transaction you want to cancel.
- Press the cancel button once to select that you want to cancel that payment.
- Press the cancel button again to confirm and cancel that transaction.
How do I cancel my Chime debit card?
- Open your Chime account on your phone.
- Look at the top left of the home screen to see the little gear for settings.
- Next, scroll down to the debit card section. You will find the option “Replace your card.”
- Choose the option that best suits you; you can follow the instructions.
In conclusion, you can close your chime account in different ways, either by using the chime app or by contacting chime customer support; they are active 24/7 to deal with your queries. It is crucial to have a genuine reason before you close your account because once you close it, you cannot reopen it.
Also, closing your account does not mean losing your funds. Be sure to transfer your funds to another savings account or mail a check to your address before closing it.
How to close a Chime account: frequently asked questions
If there are funds in your account when you want to close it, you can transfer your balance to a linked account via an outgoing ACH transfer using the “Transfer Funds” option.
A chime will send the cash as a check to your mailing address. Please make sure your mailing address is correct and is the same as when you first registered with a chime.
No, Chime will not close an inactive account. However, they have the right to close your account without notice if you breach the terms and conditions when logging into a Chime account.
No, you cannot reopen a closed Chime account. However, if you suspect that Chime is closing your account for no reason, please contact Chime customer support to verify why your account was closed.
Does this item meet your immediate needs? If yes, then kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply